ACCIONA Energía has the capacity to create a unique sustainable difference with a portfolio of solutions perfectly aligned with this sustainable transformation.
INTEGRATE TO TRANSFORM
KEY MILESTONES 2021
- Socio-economic impact analysis of 41 projects.
- 61 social impact management projects, 13% more than in 2021.
- More than € 3.2 million and 500,000 people benefitting from social initiatives.
- Launching of the first inaugural bond for € 500 million.
- Pioneer funding of € 2,500 million under the ESG “double impact” scheme.
- Best ESG score of the electricity sector from S&P Global Ratings.
MAIN CHALLENGES 2022
- Renewing the Social Impact Management process: SIM+.
- Creating a “regenerative playbook” to promote employee awareness of the regenerative component.
- Engaging employees in employee volunteerism that builds local trust.
- Developing experiences that aim to create competitive advantages through sustainable financing or adjacent projects financed by multilateral entities.
- Positioning the company in the sector’s tier 1 in the main ESG ratings.
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
ACCIONA Energía measures and evaluates its investment in the community and the degree to which it contributes to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, which allows for an overview and comparison of results with other companies.
We understand that we must be a major player in the economic development of the communities in the countries where we operate, as well as contributing to improve the quality of people’s lives. This commitment has translated into the following results:
€ +3.2 million in social contributions to the community
+500,000 people have benefited from the several social initiatives carried out.
If we analyze these contributions according to the field of action, we can see that Socio-economic Development would be the greatest beneficiary, with 38.1%, followed by Education (29.8%) and Social Welfare (18%).