In 2020, the company outlined a global strategy called People with the aim of putting people at the center through five key pillars: recognition of merit, diversity and inclusion, transformative work environment, leadership and access to rights.
In 2021, a year in which the effects of the pandemic disrupted people’s lives, People consolidated its position as a value proposal for employees and society. For this reason, it is part of the new 2025 Sustainability Master Plan, being the first of its strategic lines, with defined objectives at the same level as the economic and environmental ones
KEY MILESTONES 2021
- Deployment of functionalities in the internal tool of support of the life cycle of employees.
- Top Employer 2021 in Spain certification and excellence in people management.
- Approval of the Diversity and Inclusion Policy. Development of programs such as Sustainable 50:50.
- Update of the Policy on Human Rights, which defines the due diligence strategy.
- Implementation of the Internal Control System of Social Safeguards.
MAIN CHALLENGES 2022
- Consolidating the leadership model defined in the people strategy.
- Achieving the Top Employer certification in Mexico, USA, Brazil, Canada and Australia, and the continental seal in North America..
- Reducing the accident frequency rate compared to 2021.
- Continuing to increase the percentage of women in executive and managerial positions.
- Updating the Stakeholder Relations Policy.
EVOLUTION OF THE MAIN SOCIAL INDICATORS
In 2021, there has been a higher proportion of women in executive and management positions mainly due to the increase in internal promotions and the bolstering of programs to empower women’s leadership and talent.
On the other hand, the company has been working on the evolution of the Social Impact Management (GIS) methodology. At the end of the year, 36 projects have been carried out in 10 countries, which represents a 12.5% increase.
|Workforce (nº)||1,543||1,762||14.2 %|
|Female executive managers (% of total)||20.9%||23.2 %||+2.3 pp|
|Social Impact Management projects (nº)||32||36||12.5 %|
|Impact Management beneficiaries (1,000 people)||217||261||20.1 %|
|Accidents: global frequency rate (own employees and subcontractors)||0.53||0.61||+0.8|
In 2021, ACCIONA Energía’s global workforce totaled 1,762 people, 28% of whom are women. Overall, 45 nationalities are represented with presence in 17 countries across 5 continents.
BREAKDOWN OF ACCIONA’S HUMAN TEAM BY GEOGRAPHY
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
ACCIONA Energía understands and promotes diversity as a key competitive advantage for our business, and equity and inclusion as priority responsibilities in the people management model.
For this reason, we rely on a Diversity and Inclusion Committee. The mission of the committee, which is made up of employees representing all groups, is to create a network of ambassadors gathering information from their environment, sharing the best practices and generating proposals on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Diversity and local impact
42% Gen X
3% Gen Z
3.20% equivalent of people with disabilities in Spain